Tuesday 15 March 2016

Culinary Adventures: YouTube CrockPot Meals

I've been interested in CrockPot cooking for a long time, but I've never done much of it. Since I'm trying to cook more in 2016, I decided to scour YouTube for a few CrockPot recipes. I found two that I decided to try. First, from a blog by way of a prolific vlogger going by the moniker "She's In Her Apron", I made Honey Sesame Chicken as described in this video.


The second recipe is for Cream of Mushroom Chicken, from a YouTuber going by the name TosTinMan.


I'll be honest, neither of these recipes really lit me up. I'll admit that I didn't follow TosTinMan's advice by removing the skin from my chicken thighs before putting them in the CrockPot, but aside from that I was pretty faithful to both recipes. Neither were terrible, and other folks might have better luck, but I probably won't repeat either of them in the near future. That's actually too bad for the Honey Sesame Chicken, since I now have two bottles of sesame oil (unbeknownst to me, Lady Jaye already had one in our cupboard), and I have no clue how I'm going to use it up. Maybe I'll think of something!

No comments:

Post a Comment