Sunday 13 March 2016

Culinary Adventures: DoD Lime Baked Fish

Unfortunately, I can't count this particular recipe as "new", as I've cooked it before. However, it's my favorite fish recipe, and it's super simple, so I wanted to share it. I've made it two or three times in recent weeks because it's currently Lent, Lady Jaye is Roman Catholic, I'm almost certainly going to end up Roman Catholic as a result, and Catholics are pescatarians on Fridays during Lent, so the time is right.

As I mentioned in that previous post about the DoD Orange Chicken, I get this recipe from The Gitmo Cookbook. My next Gitmo Cookbook effort may end up being a side dish like garlic cheese potatoes, or peas with mushrooms. Anyway, the recipe...
Lime Baked Fish
  • 1 and 3/4 lbs. flounder or sole fish fillets
  • 2 T. lime juice
  • 2 T. butter or margarine, melted
  • 1/2 tsp. salt
  • 1/2 tsp. paprika, ground
  • 3/4 tsp. fresh parsley, chopped

    Arrange fish in a single layer on a large, sided cookie sheet that has been coated with non-stick cooking spray. Combine lime juice, butter or margarine, salt, and paprika. Mix well. Drizzle mixture over fish. Bake at 400 degrees F. for 12-15 minutes or until fillets flake easily and are lightly browned. Garnish with parsley before serving.
  • This is a fantastic, easy recipe. I've been substituting tilapia fillets for flounder or sole, and I dispense with the parsley. Also, the original version of this recipe calls for lemon juice, but I prefer a limey taste, so that's how I've presented the recipe. Like the Orange Chicken, I eat it with white basmati rice out of the rice cooker, and it's fantastic.

    No comments:

    Post a Comment