Friday 4 March 2016

2016 Thus Far

I posted a couple of updates in January, and I've been a ghost ever since. So, I wanted to post another update with the intent of posting some subsequent updates as to how my year is panning out.

I brought a few ideas with me from 2015 into 2016, and I wrote them down in February as my formal resolutions.

  • I want to cook two new recipes per month. Thus far, I'm on track, and I'm planning to post about each individual recipe.
  • I want to listen to podcasts on strategy, risk management, geographic information systems/sciences, and the First World War, and track that listening in a spreadsheet. Thus far, I'm on track with this, too, and I'll post more about that as well.
  • I want to complete my PSP and CISSP certifications. I'm still in the early stages on both of these, and I'll discuss them in greater detail.
  • I want to complete an Arabic language certification. I'm trying to take baby steps on this one.

    I'd also like to read nine books, but I'm setting my sights a bit lower than I did last year. More on that to come. Completing a modified BUD/S Warning Order workout is perpetually on my list, but motivation and time are ever-present factors. I also want to get reengaged in my book about the Orcadian Gordon Highlanders. In all three cases, I'm trying to set modest goals and build from there.

    I've also been working on a big technology project. My two workhorse laptops are at the end of their useful lives, so I'm working to consolidate my data and recondition both laptops as much as I can, and playing with some other technology. It's a big project, and I'm trying to do it in conjunction with some of my podcast agenda and my CISSP certification goal. Basically, I have some personal goals that are contingent upon developing my information/"cyber" security skills, so I'm trying to use some of those projects to satisfy both academic and practical goals.

    So, as usual, I have a lot on my plate, and a lot to blog about, but somewhat limited time to do it all. I'll continue to do as much as I can, but blogging will continue to take a back seat to many of these projects. However, I'm going to try to spend this evening writing up some posts so that I can publish them in a staggered fashion until I have some more time to write more.
  • No comments:

    Post a Comment