Saturday 8 March 2014

Podcasts: The MacArthur Memorial

I used to live in Virginia, and during my last year there, I decided that I was going to try to start actually doing stuff to enjoy my time there. (That's not to say that I wasn't having fun beforehand, but going to Red Robin isn't exactly Virginia-specific.) One of the things I meant to do, and never quite made it to, was the Douglas MacArthur Memorial. One cool thing about the MacArthur Memorial is that they actually have a tour podcast (site, mp3) - the intent, of course, being that you load it up into your media player in lieu of one of those horrible audio guides that a thousand complete strangers have held onto before you.

The MacArthur Memorial also does two other podcasts: a montly podcast (RSS), and a World War I podcast (RSS). I'll admit that at the time I'm writing this, I haven't had an opportunity to listen to any of them yet, but I'm certainly looking forward to it. If you're interested in American military history, you should check them out, too.

No comments:

Post a Comment