Thursday 23 January 2014

Comedy at Work

When I was working in the Middle East, one of my employees put on the better part of a hundred pounds in under nine months. My team operated an entry control point, at which location he killed at least two metal folding chairs. Near the end of that nine month stint, one of my other employees dropped a supply request that read as follows:
Description: Extra Heavy Duty Titanium Chair
Unit Price (USD): 1,000,000
Justification: An Extra Heavy Duty Titanium Chair is needed for the "support" of Facility Control teammates assigned to the ECP. Estimated price may be exceedingly high for this item; however initial cost is estimated to save the company 3.6 billion dollars over the next few months for the expenditure of folding metal chairs.
Several years later, I'm now in a position to be amused. In all honesty, I was amused at the time, I just wasn't in a position to be amused.

No comments:

Post a Comment