Thursday 12 December 2013

The Transition Begins

Wilkommen, Bienvenue, Ahlan wa Sahlan, and Welcome.

Some readers may know me from my other blogs, Joshua Tree Security and Operation Highlander. The former is my professional blog dealing with security and risk management issues, while the latter documented my time as a postgraduate in Scotland. I also ran another blog from 2004 to 2009. After I shut that first blog down, I missed blogging, and my friends repeatedly encouraged me to start blogging again. The JTS and Highlander blogs have been a great way to get back into the habit. With Operation Highlander drawing to a close, I wanted to start a new blog to cover topics that weren't appropriate for the JTS blog.

Welcome, ladies and gentlemen, to Beyond the Joshua Tree.

When I quit blogging in 2009, I did so for a number of reasons. My original blog consisted primarily of commentary on current events, and discussion of my personal life. It was often too personal, and the drive to stay current on my news commentary led me to sink a lot of time into blogging on any given day. I also felt that the original blog had run its course. I think I've found a pretty good balance with the Highlander blog, and I intend for BJT to follow a similar format. I intend to dispense with the news commentary - there's quite enough blather about politics and current events on the Internet, and nobody's going to come here for the sake of reading mine. Five years of blogging taught me that, really, a blogger's most important (and reliable) audience is himself.

I'm in the process - the very slow process - of putting together a bona fide website. Once that's sorted out, I intend to turn this blog (and the JTS blog) into components of the website. In the mean time, stay tuned.

No comments:

Post a Comment