Sunday 3 September 2017

The Big News

Well, it's been a big month, with a lot of news. The biggest bit of that news? Well, I went and got myself married.

My first contact with Lady Jaye was in August of 2012. We met for the first time in December of 2013 - mere hours before January 2014. I proposed marriage in June of 2016. In August, we were married in her hometown. It took a lot of work, but when the dust settled, we got as close to a perfect wedding weekend as we could have possibly asked for. (That is, save for the unwelcome logistical disruption of the total solar eclipse, but it was more of an annoyance in the long run.)

The wedding followed some other big events for me: leaving my employer of ten years and relocating home to the West Coast after more than three years in Northern Virginia. Lady Jaye joined me for a few weeks in July, so we were able to do a joint goodbye tour, followed by my solo goodbye tour. My departure was bittersweet, because even though I don't feel as if I accomplished the goals I set when I moved to the National Capital Region in the first place, we had a great time in the process, and I think I set myself up for long-term success now that I've moved back home.

So... What now? Well, stay tuned.

No comments:

Post a Comment