Tuesday 1 April 2014

Books and Reading: Amazon Wish List

I recently discovered this thing on Amazon called a "wish list", which is distinct from your "cart". I've begun using it to keep track of books I want to get or need to replace. There are a few different categories.

First, there are books that I read for grad school, but left behind in Aberdeen. I think that CN Constable got my copies of both Another Bloody Century: Future Warfare by Colin S. Gray and The Evolution of Nuclear Strategy by Lawrence Freedman. Second, there are books that I either bought, or intended to buy, but never read (and subsequently left behind if I'd bought them. These include Intelligence in an Insecure World by Peter Gill and Mark Phythian, Intelligence: From Secrets to Policy by Mark M. Lowenthal, and Secret Intelligence: A Reader by Richard J. Aldrich, Christopher Andrew, and Wesley Wark. Finally, there are a few that I've learned about fairly recently that I want to read: Churchill's First War: Young Winston at War with the Afghans by Con Coughlin, Bleeding Talent: How the US Military Mismanages Great Leaders and Why It's Time for a Revolution by Tim Kane, and Grounded: The Case for Abolishing the United States Air Force by Robert M. Farley.

A bunch of these are available on Kindle, and although I'd like to get hard copies, the process of clearing the books necessitates that if I invest in them, I do my best to minimize their physical footprint. Most will wait until I'm settled... Somewhere.

No comments:

Post a Comment