Sunday 19 November 2017

Road Trip Middle Eastern Podcast Update

For the last two months, I've been trying to track two big stories in the Middle East: the ongoing Qatar crisis, and the independence referendum (and its aftermath) in Iraqi Kurdistan. I get a most of my news from my morning news reviews, but I also get a lot of my news (particularly deeper context) from podcasts. A wedding, a cross-country move, and three months of unemployment disrupted my normal podcast diet, but I'm getting back into it. I had about five hours of driving today, so I was able to catch up on podcasts I'd missed about Iraqi Kurdistan. I've also listened to most of my downloads about Qatar as well. There are lots of different perspectives on these two matters to be heard in these two lists, so enjoy - and take all of them with at least a tiny grain of salt.

Qatar Dispute
  • In Qatar and Saudi Arabia’s fight, Iran’s the real winner (War College)
  • Inquiry: What's So Special About Qatar? (BBC World Service)
  • What is Happening between Qatar and the GCC [English] (Status Hour)
  • The Qatar Crisis with Lori Plotkin Boghardt (The Washington Institute's Near East PolicyCast)
  • Qatar Gets Cut Off (CSIS)
  • Energy & Geopolitics: Qatar (CSIS)
  • The Showdown in the Gulf Gets Nasty (Foreign Policy Editor's Roundtable)

    Kurdish Referendum
  • Iraqi Kurdistan's Independence Referendum with Michael Knights (The Washington Institute's Near East PolicyCast)
  • Kurdistan Referendum with Bilal Wahab (The Washington Institute's Near East PolicyCast)
  • Iraq & Kurdistan: Energy and Geopolitics (CSIS)
  • Must the War Go On? Let's Talk About Iraq and the Kurds (War on the Rocks)
  • The Kurdish Problem | Episode 80 (Covert Contact - The Blogs of War Podcast)
  • No comments:

    Post a Comment