Tuesday 28 March 2017

Whoops! March Got Away From Me

Alright, so with respect to the blogging (among other things), I've been falling down on the job lately. I think it's going to get better, but here's the apology, and the context.

Today was supposed to be the second day of my "Spring Term" for my self-imposed academic calendar. I didn't really complete my goals for last term's courses. I finished reading Arabian Sands for ENG 199, but have yet to finish my presentation on Thesiger's cultural observations. I've had some extenuating circumstances arise that have prevented me from completing my PAC 130 goals - that was always the course that was most likely to get neglected, but I swear it was outside my control. I was supposed to read something on the order of four books for BA 480, and I literally didn't finish a single chapter. I got some good work done for HST 406, but not as much as I wanted to. I was most successful with REL 199, and was closest to completing it, but I didn't finish it; as I'm due to join the Roman Catholic Church in just over two weeks, I'm still working on that one to ensure that I meet the requirements prior to Easter. I also spent a great deal of February and March applying for jobs, which became a higher priority than some of these other projects. I'm working on adjusting my plan for "Spring Term" so that I can complete ENG 199 and REL 199, and continue with HST 406. At present, I don't have the funds to complete my goals for CS 406, so I'm going to repeat BA 480 and try to kill at least one of those certifications.

With respect to the Joshua Tree Report, I've spent the last couple of Sundays working on those REL 199 lessons, and I've attended Mass both weekends. I've chosen to attend Mass at a beautiful church that Lady Jaye and I visited for the first time in 2015. That's cut into the time that I would normally have used to complete the Joshua Tree Report. I think some of that will settle down in the next couple of weeks... Well, by the end of April, I think. Oh, and I was working on a super secret project for Lady Jaye, that took up some of that time, too.

"Winter Term" was always going to be a tall order. (So will the rest of them, but Winter was going to be a special challenge because it involved changing some long-standing habits.) I'm particularly pleased with how I did in January, I'm pleased that I made progress on several specific projects, and I'm looking forward to more regular postings of the Joshua Tree Reports and more reliable completion of my seasonal projects. Stay tuned, ladies and gentlement.

No comments:

Post a Comment