Saturday 2 August 2014

Having Been Otherwise Occupied...

I've barely posted to this blog since moving. That's not by design; rather, it's because I've been insanely busy. I've only been in my new digs for a few weeks at this point, and I've had all sorts of things to get sorted out.

Lady Jaye spent about a week and a half out here, so I obviously prioritized her over blogging. Shortly thereafter, I started putting in some pretty major hours at work in order to take a couple of days off to fly back home, and I'll be doing that for the next few weeks as well for the same reason.

I've tried, with limited success, to work on my two current research interests: writing the history of the Orcadian Gordon Highlanders of the First World War, and continuing my research on the Dhofar Rebellion. That has included futher efforts to explore the Hornbeam Line; I've also located a handful of additional Dhofar-related locations, to include six (1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6) sites that appear to be associated with the Damavand Line, a later fortification that was manned by the Imperial Iranian Task Force. So, that's chewed up some time.

And really, the biggest thing that's taken up my time has been work, and like I said, the hours have been abnormal because of some of the commitments I've had. They've been worth it, but I do expect for things to settle down a bit by the end of this month, at which point I should be back to posting two or three times per week.

No comments:

Post a Comment